Since I waste so much time on Instagram, I decided to unleash the power of procrastination to learn French and to acquaint myself with the north of France by following accounts from the region.
If you read my last post, you’ll know that one of the annoying aspects of the French IG world is that many accounts post in English– not helpful for those of us learning French!
Below, I list some accounts I’ve started to follow that are BOTH about the region AND in French. Also check out a tip on finding accounts to follow for a specific ville!
The local metropole.
- Lille Ma Ville – gallery of beautiful photos around the city
- Top Lille Photo – ditto
- Official Account of Lille
- Humans of Lille
- Le Château de Beaulieu – 2-star Michelin chef based in Bethune (50mins from Lille)
- Explore Lille – despite the name mostly food photos
- L’Unis-Forme – cute brasserie in Lille
- Pampleluneh – foodporn for vegans
- Le Souk Lille – Moroccan restaurant
- L’impertinent Lille – beautiful pastries, beautiful cafe
Don’t mind me as I make my feed “cultured” 😉
I love following personal account, because I can glean useful expressions for talking about my daily life.
- Charlotte Chiconchoc – locavore, proponent of eating local
- Anne – graphic designer, traveler, lilloise
- Carole Ananas – lifestyle porn
- Camila Mint – more lifestyle porn
- Alice – absolutely gorgeous gallery
- La Voix du Nord – local news
- IGers Lille – not just Lille
- IGers Arras – Arras & Pas-de-Calais as a whole
- Nord – Pas de Calais Tourism
- Focus on Hauts de France
- Nord Découverte
Maybe I’m a noob, but I just found out about this feature on Instagram that lets you search by geotags! Anyways, since I’ll be in St. Omer, I decided to search for accounts there using the “PLACES” tab:
Et voilà! Hope you enjoyed these tips and please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns! You can also find me at @160chan 🙂